CISPR 15 / SANS 215
‘Limits and methods of measurement of radio disturbance characteristics of electrical lighting and similar equipment’
Conduction and radiation of radio frequency disturbances from all lighting equipment with a primary function of generating and/or distributing light intended for illumination purposes, including the lighting part of multi-function illumination equipment and independent auxiliaries exclusively for use with lighting equipment; but excluding aircraft and airport lighting and apparatus explicitly covered by other IEC/CISPR standards, e.g. built-in lighting devices in other equipment, photocopiers or slide projectors.
This standard applies to the emission (radiated and conducted) of radiofrequency disturbances from:
- -- All lighting equipment with a primary function intended for illumination purposes.
- -- The lighting part of multi-function equipment where one of the primary functions of this is illumination
- -- Independent auxiliaries exclusively for use with lighting equipment
- -- UV and IR radiation equipment
- -- Neon advertising signs
- -- Street / flood lighting Intended for outdoor use
- -- Transport lighting (installed in buses and trains)